As we enter a further stage of lockdown we wanted to give a reminder of where you can find the latest information and updates regarding the COVID-19 outbreak.
It is so important that we all continue to stay at home wherever possible and do not meet others, even friends or family. Remember you can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
We should all make sure we:
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times
- Wash our hands as soon as we get home
With the majority of us spending prolonged periods of time at home, taking care of your mind as well as your body has never been more important. The Every Mind Matters website from the NHS has guidance, tips and advice on looking after your mental health and wellbeing at this challenging time.
If you are unsure about the advice then take a look at the government website for guidance on what you can and cannot do. There is also a really helpful blog from Public Health England which is regularly updated to answer many frequently asked questions.
There are steps we can all take to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Please follow the NHS advice and:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Please also visit our dedicated webpage where you can find updates on our services and how they are being impacted in light of the current situation, as well as lots of other links to useful sources of information for residents and businesses.