News from West Sussex County Council
Published: 29 June 2020
Headlines and useful links from 29th June: Including Government announcements, local updates on support and services, extra money to support new schemes cycling and broadband.
- Most recent Government Announcements - the new guidance for social distancing to be implemented from 4 July. This included changes to the two meter distance rule, the relaxing of rules for certain shops and venues, plus changes for those in the shielding category. This is good news that many have been waiting for but we would urge everyone not to jeopardise the good progress our county has made so far in slowing the spread of the virus. Support our businesses and make the most of the relaxation, but please continue to take the necessary precautions at all time
- Massive thank you to everyone who makes up the Armed Forces community, especially for all of the help they have provided our county during the pandemic. Saturday was Armed Forces Day.
- Green light for 21km of temporary cycleways in West Sussex
- Bereavement support during COVID-19 - The Sussex Bereavement Helpline has been set up to provide information and guidance Please call: 0300 111 2141 (Monday to Friday: 8am to 5pm). Find out more.
- Thank you to local businesses - Since the end of March a number of local businesses have been kindly supporting our Community Hub operations.
- Ceremonies - Our Ceremonies team will restart marriage and civil partnership services from 4 July Find out more.
- Local suppliers: new listings - Do you know which organisations and shops are delivering food and other essential goods in your area? Find out here Does your business deliver essential goods but isn’t listed? Please email us and we’ll add you to our website
- Gigabit Voucher for residents & businesses - Struggled with your broadband during lockdown? Extra money is available for gigabit-capable broadband for residents and businesses in our rural areas information regarding the scheme