News from West Sussex County Council (COVID 19 Update)
Published: 24 August 2020
Latest news below
Back To School - Transport pages with important information including videos and information on things like the use of face coverings, and all the measures being undertaken to keep West Sussex schools safe. transport section of our Back to School webpages
- Keep West Sussex Safe Campaign - continues to run and we encourage residents to keep visiting our webpages for the very latest information on how to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.
- Special Recognition Volunteer Award: nominations now open - The High Sheriff of West Sussex has launched a unique award to celebrate residents who have shown exceptional acts of kindness during the coronavirus pandemic. Further details below including how to request a nomination form.
- All individuals who are nominated will be acknowledged and those that are successful will receive a special certificate. If restrictions are lifted, they will also be invited as special guests to join the High Sheriff at a prestigious celebration event in 2021. The closing date for the award is Wednesday 30 September. Nominations are open now and the nomination forms can be requested by email to: email@example.com
- West Sussex Libraries are now open for browsing
- Give your bike a check-up before taking a ride on our first temporary cycleway
- West Sussex Record Office has re-opened to the public
- Cabinet Minister visits tourism venues to hear of COVID-19 challenges
- Fire Service holds first Virtual Open Day - Highlights from the Virtual Open Day can be found on Facebook, and YouTube